- This project is a training program for personnel appointed as responsible for implementing and maintaining the certification program within companies. The training program will consists of modules related to various components of the lobster handling program.
- Training materials would be delivered using a combination of online or e-learning methods followed by a final face to face visit, review and issuing of training certification.
- Access to the program materials can be provided using a link and access code to connect directly to the modules.
- Interaction from trainees will be limited to questions or answers via email. Evaluation will be done using online quizzes built into the program which immediate results and feedback to the trainees.
There are 8 Modules for the Lobster Handling Program:
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Live Lobster Basic Biology
Module 3: Live Lobster Handling
• Online Test
Module 4: Live Lobster Water Quality Requirements
Module 5: Tank Maintenance and Troubleshooting
•Assignment using facility tank specs
Module 6: Nova Scotia Certification Process
Module 7: Auditing and Certification Process
•Assignment to Conduct self “Pre-Assessment” Audit
Module 8: Site Visit to Review Audit Pre-Assessment
- Personne-ressource: Andrea Burke-Saulnier